HARMAN (acquired AMX in 2014), Richardson, Texas
- Manage product lines focused on the Corporate vertical market, including a new product line created specifically to address the increased use of web conferencing platforms in meeting spaces.
- Develop solution strategy and positioning based on market research, customer feedback, and input from global and regional teams.
- Define and maintain product roadmaps that support the solution strategy.
- Create market requirements documents and financial business cases to support and justify development of new products.
- Create detailed product requirements and work with engineering teams to develop these products.
- Collaborate with product marketing to develop the necessary marketing collateral and sales training material required to promote the products and solutions.
- Evaluate the financial performance of the product portfolio and recommend corrective actions on anything that is underperforming.
- Monitor competitors' activities to determine possible future directions for the products and solutions.
- Establish and maintain senior level relationships with key suppliers.
2010 - Present
Sr. Project Manager
AMX, Richardson, Texas
- Managed the successful execution of six product development projects resulting in 16 shippable products.
- Oversaw multiple global product development teams through the entire development cycle, including transition into manufacturing.
- Developed solutions to problems that have negative budget or schedule impacts.
- Communicated project status to company management on a regular basis.
- Tracked all project financials, including project expenditures and labor.
2007 - 2010
Manager, Product Development
SANMINA-SCI, Allen, Texas
- Collaborated with product line managers to define the feature set and requirements for each product, provide technical information to customers, and create product documentation.
- Supervised employees by planning, assigning, and directing work, encouraging and motivating them, conducting performance reviews, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for technical business development activities including customer needs assessment, customer presentations, technical market analysis, proposal creation, and customer negotiations.
- Provided guidance to engineers regarding the impact of their decisions on the design of the product.
2002 - 2007
Technical Team Lead, Product Development Engineering
Alcatel Optronics, Inc., Plano, Texas
- Designed fiber optic modules and subsystems for both market-wide and customer-specific applications.
- Created system-level design of products that include optical, electrical, and software content.
- Mentored engineers in optical and electrical design.
2000 - 2002
Test Design and Development Engineer
Alcatel USA, Inc., Plano, Texas
1998 - 2000
M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas
B.S., Computer Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
Proficientz B2B Product Management Training
Looking for a downloadable version? Click here.